Brisket – Cindy Lynn Smoked
Flavorful, tender, “It’s like butter!” brisket….a traditional barbecue favorite!
Blood Orange Mustard
½ cup low sodium beef broth
- Heat smoker to 150-200º; set up for indirect heat using your favorite wood or pellets.
- Trim brisket of excess fat. Based on preference, leave at least ¼ “of fat.
- Rub brisket with your chosen mustard. In a small bowl, combine equal parts of Cindy Lynn’s Black Label and BBQ Savor. Rub the mixture generously on the mustard coated brisket.
- Let the brisket sit for at least ½ hour. It can sit for up to 6 hours but you will need to refrigerate and bring to room temperature before smoking.
- Just before smoking, sprinkle with a light dusting of Red Eye Express.
- Smoke brisket, fat side up, for 2 hours. Increase temperature to 250º. Continue smoking until the brisket’s internal temperature reaches 160º.
- Remove brisket from the smoker. Slice off the point to use for burnt ends (see below). Wrap the flat of the brisket in butcher paper, or heavy-duty aluminum foil, with ½ cup of beef broth.
- Put the wrapped brisket back into the smoker. Smoke until the internal temperature reaches 195 – 210º. To check for doneness, insert a wooden skewer or long toothpick; there should be no resistance and the brisket will be very tender. Remove from smoker and unwrap. Let sit for about 15 minutes to cool. Tent and finish resting for 30 minutes to an hour.
Once rested, slice across the grain about the width of a number 2 pencil. Serve and enjoy!